Friday, June 24, 2016

THE 2016 CHALLENGE - WEEK 25 RESULTS


 Today is the end of Week 25.

In the past week I have:
Gained 3 pounds
Gained 0" around my neck
Gained 3/8" around my waist
Gained 1/2" around my hips
Body fat from 31.4% to 32.2%
Lean mass from 68.6% to 67.8%
Feasted 6 days and fasted 1 day
Lifted weights 1 time
Did treadmill HIIT 1 time
Walked 3 miles 0 times


Since January 1, 2016, I have:

Lost 14.4 pounds

Lost 5/8" around my neck
Lost  3 3/8" around my waist
Lost 2 7/8" around my hips
Body fat from 39% to 32.2%
Lean mass from 61% to 67.8%
Feasted 112 days and fasted 63 days
Lifted weights 10 times
Did treadmill HIIT 14 times
Walked 3 miles 6 times

TRYING TO GET BACK TO NORMAL AND BACK ON TRACK

As you know by my last post, things have been really weird, what with my husband having a heart attack and all.  I have not been blogging, but I have been trying to get back on track by doing some longer fasts.  The fasting was pretty easy and the weight loss was great, but as soon as I started eating again, I would just gain it all back.  Here is what happened when I tried the longer fasting:

Fasted 4 days - Lost 7 pounds
Feasted 4 days - Gained back 6.8 pounds
Fasted 3 days - Lost 7.4 pounds
Feasted 5 days - Gained back 6 pounds
Fasted 1 day - Lost 2.2 pounds
Feasted 2 days - Gained back 3.4 pounds

That's a lot of big bouncing around, and I'm not happy with the results.  I started out the above at 138 pounds, and ended up, after a lot of deprivation, at 139.6 pounds.  I'm thinking my body does not respond to the longer fasts, and so I have decided to reset my goals once again and do what worked for me before, which is trying to lose an average of 0.2 pounds per day, and feasting on the days I meet my goal and fasting on the days I don't.  I estimate that it will take me till around August 4, 2016, to reach my new goal of 130 pounds with 25% body fat.

I made a few charts to track my progress.  On the first two charts, the grey line is my long term goal. The blue line is my actual weight.  The red line is my 7-day average.   I am showing two charts so I can see my progress since the beginning of the year, and also to get a close-up from the time I started again after Bill's heart attack.

The third chart is a little heat map to show at a glance how often I have actually had to fast to achieve the results I am after. Click on any chart to enlarge it.



Below is my chart for the Body By Science "Big Five".  It shows the exercises I am doing, along with the weight, reps and TUL, which stands for Time Under Load.


This is my chart for treadmill HIIT, which shows that I am now up to 7.1 mph during the running time.  I am going to keep pushing that up by 0.1 mph each time to see how fast I can go.  I will stop increasing the speed when I go flying off the treadmill!


This is my chart for walking:



There are six weeks remaining for this new challenge.  If I achieve my goal of 130 pounds with 25% body fat, I'm not sure where I will go from there.


This is a personal challenge just for me, but if anyone reading would like to join me, please talk to your doctor and make sure that it will not conflict with your current medical condition or medications.  If you are taking the challenge, please be sure to let me know how you are doing!  Thanks for reading!

To find out more about this challenge - the rules and how it started - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment